Monday, May 4, 2009

Online Spiritual Gift test

Thanks Jonathan for sharing with us the powerful sermon on spiritual gifts. Indeed God created us each uniquely and has given us gifts and talents to help us fulfil our purpose and destiny in Christ. I must say that I have been encouraged by the sharing yesterday to always reflect on my heart condition when serving God because it's all about the heart of service. It is not how much you can offer but how much are you willing to offer. I hope you were touched by God too in some way or another yesterday. :)

Thanks Emma too for posting up the notes too! Haha, the comic so cute!

Anyway, I have found a free online spiritual gift test which I feel gives a better evaluation in terms of highlighting the area of service we can look into after knowing what our gifts are and also cautioning us of areas we might overlook and hence resulting in us misusing our gifts. Check it out! You can send me a soft copy after you do it and I can help consolidate everyone's analysis. :) http://www.churchgrowth.org/cgi-cg/gifts.cgi?intro=1

Not forgetting the...

5 basic steps to discover your gifts:
I. Be open and explore all possibilities. Break out from all self impose limitations.
II. Experiment with all the gifts (Never know till you try)
III. After trying, examine your feeling (If it is something God wired you to do, you will enjoy it. It will not be a duty but an enjoyment/fulfillment doing it)
IV. Evaluate the effectiveness of what you doing. (What you enjoy doing may not be what others enjoy it – ensured others are ministered)
V. Expect confirmation; God’s confirmation.
[(1) Feedback from people (2) Prophetic exhortation]

*Courtesy of Emma's notes. :)

Cheers,
Serene

No comments: